Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Fried Pickles!

Ever have a craving for a certain item from a restaurant but you don't want to go anywhere? This is me most of the time...except for tonight! I decided to attempt my own fried pickles...they were great! Messy to make but really easy! I love fried pickles any way, spears, chips, whatever! I decided to make the chip version tonight but we have a new deep fryer so I will try spears later this summer.




It looks like there are two different types of fried pickles, and that's because as I started doing the milk-flour-egg-cornmeal, they were a lot thicker than I like, so I tried just milk and flour, and I liked those mucho better!



To make them I got hamburger dill chips, 2 for 1, who's the lucky girl?!..Whole milk, all purpose flour, 2 eggs and cornmeal. Again, I preferred the milk and flour dusted more so than what is traditionally done. I also have a strong preference when it comes to ranch dressing. I love the thinner kind, Majestic Grill in Charleston had the absolute best ranch dressing, but sadly they closed the year after I moved from Chucktown....second place goes to Naturally Fresh Ranch, it's really good!

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday so far!

1 comment: